Tax Information


Purpose: Complete Form W-4 so that the FMSMF can withhold the appropriate income tax from your future payments. Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and when your personal or financial situation changes.

Since you last filed Form W-4 with the Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund office did you…

  • Marry or divorce?
  • Gain or lose a dependent?
  • Change your name?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions you may need to file a new Form W-4 (PDF).

Please call Participant Services toll-free at (888)443-6763 if you need to know your current tax profile or you want a new W-4 form mailed or emailed to you. If you would like to complete a new W-4 in our office, please call (888) 443-6763 to schedule an appointment.

The Fund is not authorized to advise our participants on how to complete this or any other tax form. For questions regarding the completion of the Form W-4 or specific information on tax deductions, please consult with your personal financial advisor.

You may also check the following links for more information on filing W-4’s:
Tax Information for Individuals
Publication 505 (2023), Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax
Aviso 940SP

Please review your W-4 status and file a new W-4 form if your filing status or number of withholding allowances will change in the coming year. To help ensure that you do not have too much or too little income tax withheld from your residuals payments, you may also go to the Tax Withholding Estimator in the “Individuals” section of the IRS Website.

Verified by MonsterInsights